When you get into a routine that makes you feel like your life is going nowhere, it can sometimes be hard to get out of that funk.
Instead of trying to change something about this mind-numbing, many of us choose to adapt to the situation rather than change our lives for the better.
Being able to find that one thing to inspire you to change for the better is a wonderful feeling. Suddenly, you feel like your life has more meaning and you become motivated to try again.
Steve Maraboli —a universally popular life-changing speaker and author —is one of these positive influences.
He has grown in popularity because of his inspiring quotes on life, love, and change, as well as for being a motivational speaker and radio show host.
As with many influential people, he takes his thought-provoking words of advice from personal experience, sharing them on hisInstagramandTwitteraccounts.
Some of the best Steve Maraboli quotes on change, happiness, and life in general are right here.
If you are looking for more, check out his website, as well as his Facebook page.
1. "I've learned that if someone threatens my peace of mind, self-respect, or self-worth,I must walk away. I owe it to myself.I owe it to my future."
2. “Don't confuse poor decision-making with destiny. Own your mistakes. It’s OK; we all make them. Learn from them so they can empower you!”
3. “There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.”
4. "The only permission, the only validation, and the only opinion that matters in our quest for greatness is our own."
5. “It doesn't matter what you did or where you were. It matters where you are and what you're doing. Get out there! Sing the song in your heart and never let anyone shut you up!”
6. “It is important that we forgive ourselves for makingmistakes. We need tolearn from our errorsand move on.”
7. "Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step in your life."
8. “My past has not defined me, destroyed me, deterred me, or defeated me; it has only strengthened me.”
9. "I believe in the immeasurable power of love; that true love can endureanycircumstance andreach across any distance."
10. "It's amazing how drastically your life can change when you stop accepting shit you hate."
11. “Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.”
12. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some peopleareapartof yourhistory,but not a partof your destiny.”
13. "You always knew that one day you would stand up for yourself. That one day you would say to yourself, 'Enough with this bull—' You might as well make today that day."
14. “You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose, and to do it courageously.”
15. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.”
16. "We would do ourselves a tremendous favor by letting go of the people who poison our spirit."
17. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive — to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love — then make that day count!”
18. “If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you've made, if they don't realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go.”
19. "Take action! An inch of movement will bring you closer to your goals than a mile of intention."
RELATED:50 Inspirational Quotes To Motivate You Out Of Your Slump
20. “It only takes a split second to smile and forget, yet to someone that needed it, it can last a lifetime.”
21. “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.”
22. "Stop telling me not to burn bridges. Some bridges are meant to be burned; some roads are never meant to be traveled again."
23. “The right thing to do and the hard thing to do are usually the same.”
24. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don't.”
25. "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving. We get stronger and more resilient."
26. “I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth diminishing your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear.”
27. “I want to be in a relationship where you telling me you love me is just a ceremonious validation of what you already show me.”
28. "Think of what makes you smile, makes you happy... And do more of that stuff."
29. “The greatest step towards a life of simplicity is to learn to let go.”
30. “Happiness is not the absence of problems, it's the ability to deal with them.”
31. "Moving on is not forgetting the past; it's about learning from it. Find the message in the mess... Cry. Forgive. Learn. That's moving on."
32. “Those with a grateful mindset tend to see the message in the mess. And even though life may knock them down, the grateful find reasons, if even small ones, to get up.”
33. “When in a relationship, a real man doesn't make his woman jealous of others, he makes others jealous of his woman.”
34. "Remember: It's all in your head... All of it. If you don't like the story, change it. If the people around don't accept your new story, change them."
35. “If you're not comfortable enough with yourself or with your own truth when entering a relationship, then you're not ready for that relationship.”
36. “At the end of the day, let there be no excuses, no explanations, no regrets.”
37. "We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our pasts. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here now with the power to shape your day and your future."
38. “Free yourself from the complexities and drama of your life. Simplify. Look within. Within ourselves, we all have the gifts and talents we need to fulfill the purpose we've been blessed with.”
39. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.”
40. "Don't live your life as a spectator... If no one is cheering or booing you, it means you're not in the game."
RELATED:15 Happiness Quotes That Will Make Them Fall In Love With You All Over Again
41. “Love is forgiving, accepting, moving on, embracing, and all-encompassing. And if you’re not doing that for yourself, you cannot do that with anyone else.”
42. “Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t “should’ve” done something. You can only do something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!”
43. "As I look back and realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being redirected to something better."
44. “It is only with true love and compassion that we can begin to mend what is broken in the world. It is these two blessed things that can begin to heal all broken hearts.”
Related Stories From YourTango:
150 Motivational Quotes To Get You Out Of That Mental Rut
20 Best Queen Elizabeth II Quotes In Honor Of Her Iconic Reign
45. “Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.”
46. "One day, You realize what's important and what isn't. You learn to care less about what other people think of you and more about what you think of yourself. And then you smile because you are truly proud of the person you've fought to become."
47. “If you have a goal, write it down. If you do not write it down, you do not have a goal —you have a wish.”
48. “I find the best way to love someone is not to change them, but instead, help them reveal the greatest version of themselves.”
49. "We'll all be better off the day we stop letting unhappy, unsuccessful people tell us how to be happy and successful. You already know the way... Follow it."
50. “A beautiful thing happens when we start paying attention to each other. It is by participating more in your relationship that you breathe life into it.”
51. “Forget yesterday — it has already forgotten you. Don't sweat tomorrow — you haven't even met. Instead, open your eyes and your heart to a truly precious gift — today.”
52. "Let today be the day you learn the grace of letting go and the power of moving on."
53. “In a strong relationship, you should love your companion more than you need them.”
54. “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.”
55. "You are allowed to terminate toxic relationships. You are allowed to walk away from people who hurt you. You don't owe anyone an explanation for taking care of yourself."
56. “If you are not the hero of your own story, then you're missing the whole point of your humanity.”
57. “One of the most spiritual things you can do is embrace your humanity. Connect with those around you today. Say, 'I love you,' 'I'm sorry,' 'I appreciate you,' 'I'm proud of you'... whatever you're feeling. Send random texts, write a cute note, embrace your truth and share it... cause a smile today for someone else... and give plenty of hugs.”
58. "Yesterday was not your defining moment. The calendar moved forward; why not you?"
RELATED:100 Famous Philosophy Quotes About Life, Love And Death
More for You:
10 Ways Universe Warns You When Your Life Is About To Change
100 Best Love Quotes That'll Make Anyone Believe In Love
126 Rare Words With Beautiful Meanings
100 Deep Questions To Get To Know Yourself Much Better
Emily Ratay is a full-time writer living in Pittsburgh. She's passionate about the environment and feminism, and knows that anything is possible in the right pair of shoes.